Volunteer Africa Blog Save the Rhino what can be done
22 September is World Rhino Day, so it seemed a good time to bring you news of Rhinose Day in South Africa. This is a public campaign to raise funds and awareness of rhinos in particular, and the wider fight against poaching and false medicinal myths in general.... Set in the heart of South Africa’s scenic Eastern Cape Province, the 22,000 hectares (54 000 acres) Kwandwe Private Game Reserve offers guests the exclusive opportunity to help preserve threatened species on a Rhino Conservation Safari.
How YOU can help save the rhino Roxanne Reid
In an effort to protect and increase the world’s black rhino population by moving animals from a high-risk location to a new, safer area, in March 2014, IRF and partner Wilderness Safaris secured six black rhinos from South Africa’s Kruger National Park for translocation to Botswana’s Okavango Delta. The group included one adult male, one pregnant adult female, two sub-adult males and...14/01/2019 · South Africa’s Entabeni Safari Conservancy is establishing an ultramarathon to support rhino conservation as poaching for horn continues. Chinese participants are especially welcome, as conservationists hope to change the misconception that rhino horn has medicinal properties.
Black Rhino Species WWF
On Monday South Africa marks the fifth World Rhino Day, commemorated to celebrate the globe s five remaining rhino species and to highlight concern for their increasingly fragile future. how to know if i am pregnant with twins Incredible pictures reveal how elite anti-poaching dogs are helping to protect some of the world’s most endangered animals. South Africa is currently losing a rhino every six hours for their. How to fix the speaker on my huawei nova plus
To Save the Rhinos Legalize the Horn Trade Foundation
- Save African Rhino Foundation
- Poaching Numbers Conservation Save the Rhino International
- Save the Waterberg Rhino Family safari South Africa
- How Many Rhinos are Left? Find Out How to Protect Them
It’s an epidemic, and according to the World Wildlife Fund more than 1,050 rhinos were killed in 2016 in South Africa alone. But just how many rhinos are left in the world? It’s a number that depends largely upon the type of rhino species you’re talking about.
- What can be done? In 2017 we launched our first fundraiser to help rhino conservation projects based in Botswana. Together with our sponsors, we raffled two luxury safaris, and in doing so raised over USD186,000 in support of Rhino conservation.
- It is difficult to know how hard it is to save a baby rhino. The world’s first specialist rhino orphanage was only opened in 2012. Orphanages are at the forefront of the battle to help save the species.
- Protrack Anti-poaching Unit are sponsering the Rhights for Rhinos in an effort to raise awareness to the severe problem South Africa is up againts in this "Rhino War". Our represenative, Sboniso Phakathi (better known as SPOON) is walking with partner Paul Jennings from Musina to Capetown to raise awareness and highlight the ever increasing slaughter of Rhinos in South Africa.
- In just South Africa, where roughly 80% of Africa’s Rhino exist - 1,004 were illegally killed in (2013), 668 in (2012), 448 in (2011), 333 in (2011) and 122 in 2009.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Jervis Bay ACT, Melba ACT, Williamstown ACT, Forde ACT, Franklin ACT, ACT Australia 2697
- New South Wales: Narellan Vale NSW, Killcare NSW, Little Hartley NSW, Broadwater NSW, Wodonga NSW, NSW Australia 2089
- Northern Territory: The Narrows NT, Ludmilla NT, Nhulunbuy NT, Mutitjulu NT, Virginia NT, Palmerston City NT, NT Australia 0821
- Queensland: Wattle Camp QLD, Mount Nathan QLD, Burnett Heads QLD, Wonga Beach QLD, QLD Australia 4066
- South Australia: Haines SA, Kanmantoo SA, Queenstown SA, Yelta SA, Newton SA, Clinton Centre SA, SA Australia 5029
- Tasmania: Dennes Point TAS, Dromedary TAS, Devon Hills TAS, TAS Australia 7062
- Victoria: Marlbed VIC, Devon North VIC, Nutfield VIC, Cowes VIC, Calder VIC, VIC Australia 3008
- Western Australia: Bertram WA, Manypeaks WA, Pithara WA, WA Australia 6023
- British Columbia: Lions Bay BC, Midway BC, Duncan BC, Creston BC, Gold River BC, BC Canada, V8W 1W8
- Yukon: Upper Laberge YT, Calumet YT, Paris YT, Glenboyle YT, McCabe Creek YT, YT Canada, Y1A 7C6
- Alberta: Mannville AB, Red Deer AB, Andrew AB, Spring Lake AB, Alberta Beach AB, Spirit River AB, AB Canada, T5K 4J1
- Northwest Territories: Kakisa NT, Wrigley NT, Deline NT, Wekweeti NT, NT Canada, X1A 1L6
- Saskatchewan: Yarbo SK, Punnichy SK, Cut Knife SK, Lafleche SK, Edenwold SK, Glaslyn SK, SK Canada, S4P 4C9
- Manitoba: Pilot Mound MB, Russell MB, Crystal City MB, MB Canada, R3B 7P5
- Quebec: Joliette QC, Montreal-Est QC, Perce QC, L'Ile-Cadieux QC, Warden QC, QC Canada, H2Y 7W8
- New Brunswick: Meductic NB, Blacks Harbour NB, St. Stephen NB, NB Canada, E3B 1H6
- Nova Scotia: Shelburne NS, Annapolis NS, Liverpool NS, NS Canada, B3J 2S7
- Prince Edward Island: New Haven-Riverdale PE, Georgetown PE, Ellerslie-Bideford PE, PE Canada, C1A 9N6
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Mount Carmel-Mitchells Brook-St. Catherines NL, Mount Carmel-Mitchells Brook-St. Catherines NL, Labrador City NL, Clarenville NL, NL Canada, A1B 9J9
- Ontario: Port Bolster ON, Driftwood ON, Sudbury ON, Oakhill Forest, Clyde ON, Waverley ON, Nobleton ON, ON Canada, M7A 6L6
- Nunavut: Port Burwell (Killiniq) NU, Pond Inlet NU, NU Canada, X0A 2H6
- England: Eastbourne ENG, Solihull ENG, Welwyn Garden City ENG, Woking ENG, Ewell ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 6A9
- Northern Ireland: Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Bangor NIR, Bangor NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 9H3
- Scotland: East Kilbride SCO, Aberdeen SCO, Dunfermline SCO, Livingston SCO, Livingston SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 5B9
- Wales: Swansea WAL, Wrexham WAL, Newport WAL, Cardiff WAL, Newport WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 1D2